Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A DAY AT THE RIO

Today I promised Owen I would take him to the Rio to ride the train. They have this little train that takes you around the pond. Owen loved it! Afterwards, Owen kept asking if he could have another turn, but I convinced him to let the other kids have a turn instead. That just means next week we'll have to do it again.  




When we were done with the train, I pulled out Owen's scooter and we went around the pond. It was fun, we fed the ducks and for the most part Owen did well riding his scooter around when he wasn't almost running people over with it. I thought back to this time last year when I was 8 months pregnant and tried to take Owen to the Rio to walk. "Tried" is a good word to describe that horrible experience. I think I spent more time sitting than walking. I don't know what I was thinking!







He looks so annoyed at me. I think he just wanted me to stop taking pictures so he could ride his scooter. 

Bribing him with chocolate finally got him to smile at the camera... sorta!


At the end of a great day, I put the kids in the tub together. We started doing this about a month ago and I've been meaning to take a camera with me, but I always forget. Luckily, Jason was close by and was able to get mine for me. The kids have so much fun splashing each other and playing with bath toys. 



I wish I could be a kid again. Life is so easy when your little!

No comments: