Saturday, January 15, 2011

UPDATE

I just realized it's been months since I've posted anything on my blog. Facebook has made it so convenient to upload pictures and connect with friends that I neglected my blog. We had an exciting summer with 2 trips to the Outerbanks. Once with almost all the Kemp's which was busy and then again with Jeremy, Jennifer and Linda (a family friend). It was so much fun to get to go to the beach and relax.

The boys are closer than ever. They have really become the best of friends. They are always playing together and comforting each other. It's is so sweet to watch them cuddle whenever we have movie night. Lately, Gavin only goes to bed for Daddy so on the nights that Jason has a late appointment, Owen has been a great substitute.

Owen is doing so well in Kindergarten. His teacher was so impressed with his test results at the beginning of the school year that they tested him again as a 1st grader and he received the highest scores as a 1st grader. So his teacher has been pulling him aside with some other students and going over 1st grade work. I have been so proud of him. He is learning so much!

4 days after Gavin turned 2 years old, I found out I was pregnant with our third child. I am so excited and really enjoying being pregnant. It's been so easy this time. I've hardly felt nauseous and I've had so much energy. I look at it as a survival thing. My body knows I can't be lying in bed with 2 very busy boys to tend to. From the beginning of this pregnancy, Jason warned me this might be the last child despite what I say, so I decided not to find out what the baby would be. Just goes to show you how much will power I have because as soon as the technician asked if we wanted to know, I gave in and said yes. Jason was quite surprised. It took the technician a long time to figure it out, but both she and the doctor agree it's A GIRL!!!! I've been having dreams about the baby being a girl, but I thought that was just me wanting a baby girl. So one of the first things I said to Jason was my dreams were right! Jason said he figured it had to be a girl because of how modest the baby was. LOL! I keep seeing all of these adorable baby girl clothes and blankets, but I promised Jason I wouldn't hurt his wallet and I hope to stick to that promise....... but they are so cute!

Well that's catching everyone up to speed! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I promise to be better about posting on my blog!

2 comments:

TOVAR said...

CONGRATS! That is super exciting about number 3! I am glad you are feeling well.

Jen said...

Thanks Rachelle! I think this baby is wanting me to slow down. Lately, she has been taking all the energy I have. I am very excited, but a little nervous. I keep thinking about the advice you gave me when Gavin was born that it's okay to let a baby cry. I hope all is well with you and the kids. I cannot believe how big they are now!