Wednesday, March 16, 2011

GAVIN

Gavin is almost 2 1/2 years old. My baby is growing up so fast. He is doing so many fascinating things and in the process wreaking havoc on almost all of my belongings - not anyone else's, just mine. He has this curiosity with the loft. The loft is "my space" where I pay the bills, go online and do all of my crafts. Gavin has recently discovered how to unlock the gate that protects my space and I am not happy with this new trick of his.

This morning I was rushing around the house getting myself ready for my doctor's appointment, making sure that Owen was ready for school and drinking the infamous Glucola for my glucose test. Normally I like it, but I think this was a flavor I had never had before. I think in the past the drink was always orange and this one was red and tasted something like fruit punch. Anyways, after my doctor appointment I went to Owen's school to volunteer in his class and ended up staying later than planned. When I got home, it was very quiet upstairs. That is NEVER a good sign. I walked through our bedroom doors and there was my husband asleep with our 2 1/2 year old playing with scissors he found in the loft. Luckily he hadn't hurt himself or anything that I can tell, but I was so mad. I yelled at Jason for sleeping while Gavin was getting into trouble. Somehow Gavin found a brand new bag of cookies and spread them all over my carpet and then crushed them. I picture him doing a happy dance on them to celebrate his independence while mom was away and dad was asleep. It was only 4 days ago that Gavin snuck into the loft and DESTROYED my activity for the Sunbeams at church with his doodles and scissors. I had to remake the entire lesson. Not to mention on Sunday after church when Gavin woke up from his nap and decided to take one of my ink pads and color our computer chair with it. Had Jason learned nothing about this child from his weekend of destruction! Needless to say, I was a little upset this morning with both boys, but this afternoon made up for all the messes from earlier.

Jason went to drop off some jobs for customers while I was feeding Gavin. After lunch, we went into the living room, turned on some music and started dancing. Gavin took off upstairs for a minute and came back down with Owen's blanket. He grabbed some pillows and layed down on the chest we have in the room. He looked so adorable all curled up underneath the blanket he brought. While I watched Gavin pretend that he was asleep, I was reminded how precious he truly is. How could anyone stay mad at a face like this.

This was taken the day Gavin decided to play with one of my ink pads.


My sweet Angel!




Today, I figured out what Gavin stands for:

G - GENEROUS
A - ADVENTUROUS
V - VALIANT
I - INTELLIGENT
N - NOISY

No comments: