Monday, March 2, 2009

SNOW DAY!

When we woke up this morning, we had several inches of snow on the ground. FINALLY! So I put Gavin down for a nap after lunch and Owen and I had a blast playing out in the snow. It was clear Owen had only one objective out there and that was to completely cover me with snow. He kicked it, threw snowballs and even charged towards me trying to knock me to the ground and when that failed, he told me I was really strong. You betcha! After a while of this, I had no choice, but to retaliate. I put the camera down and made as many snowballs as I could while Owen was jumping on me and when I felt I had enough, I attacked. Owen loved it! He is such a BOY! It wasn't all rough play, we also made snow angels and a tiny snowman. Afterwards, we came inside and drank hot chocolate. Owen was exhausted by the time he finished and went upstairs to take a nap. It was the first time in a long time when there wasn't an argument about going to bed. I checked on Gavin and he was still sleeping. I love it when it's quiet in the house!



No comments: